First-principles to ace app design for iOSÂ
As an ios developer, if you are looking to ace the app design for ios, the most important step is to understand the human interface guidelines given on the Apple developer website. It contains important details such as interface essentials, app architecture, user interaction, system capabilities, etc. Once you elaborately go through the Human Interface Guidelines, you will be better positioned to understand the prerequisites necessary to build an app for ios.Â Â
Learning Swift and Swift UI
ToÂ ace the app design for ios, getting the hang of Swift and Swift UI is paramount. Swift is a programming language mostly used to build applications on Apple platforms such as iOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS. Swift UI is a combination of interface tools used for its control and helps users access images, dates and respond to swipe signals. To build an app, we have to combine Swift code with Swift UI. In this world ruled by apps, just building a UI is not good enough.Â
Key factors to be considered before UI and Ux design
If you are striving to ace the app design for ios, get the below inputs memorized,
- Content formatting: Creating a UI where the user can see the content clearly without using zoom and scale options. Making sure the app content reading is compatible with Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad.
- Control of touches: Design UI switches for options to move vertically up and down rather than button type as per Apple developer recommendation.
- Pressing targets: Developers should design controls that measure at least 44 x 44 points to correct options to be clicked. Otherwise, there is a strong chance of clicking the wrong option.
- Text font size: The minimum text size for clear legibility is 11. No zooming required. Apple offers two font families, San Francisco (SF) and New York (NY).
- Positioning: Aligning text, images, and buttons in such a way that users donâ€™t get confused.
- Distortion: Maintain correct aspect ratio to eliminate distortion. High-resolution displays have higher pixel density. The app should display a clear image at resolution 1x, 2x, and 3x.
- Text spacing: Make sure texts are not overlapping and improve readability to cater to higher resolution displays.
- Contrast: You should make sure the text color and background are set at a different contrast for the best viewing experience.
Building an app with a UX designer approach
One of the most important steps to ace the app design for IOS is to think and develop an app with a Ux designer mindset rather than just building an app that satisfies UI requirements. We need to follow the following steps to achieve this.
- Conduct a wide range of research as this app-making world is quite competitive.
- Review the feedback given by the customers for similar apps and use that info to enhance yours.
- Know your target audience.
- Make sure the user doesnâ€™t scratch his head to find options. Make the process very simple.
- Make the app aesthetically appealing.
- Make UI which are already familiar with the users
- Create solutions as per customer requirements
- Testing your design is a very important process
The best approach to build an app to be proud of.
To ace the app design for ios, the best approach is to follow the below steps extensively,
- Donâ€™t reinvent the wheel: We all are happy when we are in a familiar environment. The app environment is no exception. The user is so tuned in using similar options that even a slight tweak can create a frustrating experience. It is like, all life, you are a left-handed batsman, but suddenly you are forced to bat right hand. You know you cannot succeed in this in devour.
- Concentrate on coloring aspects: Research has proved that different colors bring different emotions to human beings. While designing an app, please make the color choices are not random and carry a definite purpose.
- Simplicity is a virtue: One thing the user doesn’t like is complexity. If you make a user interface very hard to navigate, the chances of uninstallation are very high, even though the app might be handy.
- Screen size is important: The apps developed in IOS mobile phones also use tabs that have a bigger screen size. You have to make sure the formatting is done so that the app should work effectively in all screen sizes and resolutions.
- Updating the design: Even after the app is launched in the app store, the developer cannot relax and forget it. You should always work on the user reviews given in the app store and make updates to fix all the issues. It’s not a one-time deal but a continuously evolving process.
” To build a great app, you need to follow the correct road map.”